The system can be used by new and experienced salespeople (6 months or more experience) to gain knowledge and techniques around the dynamics of customer persuasion and influence.
The customer is convinced when he realizes his benefit. The customer’s benefit lies in the solution we offer for their situation. Effective selling solves the customer’s problems. Increase sales by making your salespeople more effective at solving problems. Make every sale a win for you and your customers by discovering and solving their problems. In this program, you learn how with your products / services to bridge the gap between what they have and what they really want to have. The ‘Consultative Selling’ system explores the proven skills, techniques and knowledge of successful salespeople and puts them to work.
After completing this module, learners will…
- Anticipate and plan how to respond to buyers’ concerns and expectations for sales contacts.
- Open sales calls in a way that communicates your understanding of the buyer’s situation.
- Build credibility throughout the sales process.
- Ask effective questions and listen with a focus on the buyer.
- Identify buying motives, buyer roles, and buying conditions.
- Verify and confirm interpretations of sales opportunities with the buyer.
- Recommend solutions in terms of benefits to buyers.
- Ask for the business.
- Make effective presentations to individuals and groups.
- Use a process for effectively responding to buyer resistance
- Appreciate the difference in expectations between buyers and salespeople after the close of a sale.
- Understand four skills that support ongoing buyer relationships.
The program balances knowledge delivery with hands-on practice. The technique taught in each phase of the sale is modeled so that the desired behavior is visible and measurable. Upon completion of the program, participants will know the why and the how. They will be able to:
- More quickly raise the buyer’s comfort level about doing business with you, and influence buyers to share business information that will help you understand their needs.
- Ask questions that develop a thorough understanding of what buyers want and what will motivate them to buy.
- Make buyers perceive you as a competent and credible resource who understands their situation well enough to recommend an appropriate solution.
- Close more sales because buyers will understand how your solution helps them.
- Have stronger, more comfortable relationships with buyers because you can demonstrate appreciation and understanding of their objections and concerns.
- Understand how buyers’ expectations change after the sale.
- Avoid lost business.
- Create opportunities for cross-selling and to expand the initial sale.
- You will get qualified referrals that shorten the sales cycle with new prospects.